When do registrations open?
When is the Jamboree?
4-13 January 2019
When will bookings close?
31 August 2018
A late fee of $100 will apply for applications received after 31 Aug 2018
When does staff registration open?
Expressions of interest for team leader positions can be made via the jamboree website position at any time ( from now)
Registration for both staff and youth members commences from 1 October 2017
How do we apply as helpers or day workers?
Online application via link on the website.
What are the eligibility requirements for a Scout to attend?
A Scout must:
- Be a registered youth member;
- Have reached Pioneer level in his/her badge work;
- Have camped ten (10) nights under canvas with three (3) of those nights being consecutive;
- Have approval from his/her Scout Leader (or leader in charge)
- Have approval from his/her Regional or Branch Commissioner of Scouts;
- Have approval from his/her Contingent Leader;
- Have consent from parents/guardian; and
- Not have had his/her 15th birthday before the opening day of the Jamboree.
Overseas participants must have achieved comparative requirements within his/her NSO.
What are the eligibility requirements for a Venturer to attend?
A Venturer must:
- Be registered as a Venturer Scout;
- Be 15 years of age with at least 6 months service as a Venturer, before the opening day of the Jamboree, and should not have reached their 18 years by the end of the Jamboree;
- Have completed either the Scout Medallion Award or the Venturing Skills Award;
- Have a desire to provide service to Scouts;
- Have recommended by the Unit Council as being of excellent character, a good role model to Scouts and has the skills and abilities to undertake the activity (or other tasks) nominated on the application form;
- Have approval from the contingent leader; and
- Have consent from parents/guardian.
My Young Person turns 18 at camp is it ok for them to attend as a participant?
Only if they are coming as an assistant activity leader (Venturer)
How much does it cost to attend?
Australian and International Category D Scouts - $1150 plus contingent fee plus any elective activity costs
Australian Leaders and International category D, Leaders, Rovers - $685 plus contingent fee
International Scouts, Leaders and Rovers category A, B, C - $685 plus contingent fee
How do we make payments for our Jamboree fees?
Your Contingent Leader will advise you about this.
Do we get a free tee-shirt in our camping fees?
The National Jamboree Fee, includes T Shirt, Scarf , Hat, and Badge,
When will the closing ceremony take place?
On the evening of 13/1/19
When will the opening ceremony take place?
On the evening of 4/1/19
Can we visit the Jamboree?
There will be Super Saturday (Visitor’s Day) on 12/1/19 for visitors.
When is visitor’s day?
Can groups choose which subcamp to be on?
Yes, troops will be allocated to a Subcamp by the Camping Directorate
Service leaders will be able to request to work in certain Sub Camps/areas
It is expected that NSW, Vic, QLD and WA will each provide a Manager and team of about 12 to operate the 4 troop Sub Camps
I have a special diet, can that be catered for?
Special diets will be catered for.
There will be an opportunity to elect/nominate special diets in the application process. This nomination will need to be supported by medical evidence
My child has health issues, can they still come?
Discuss this with your Contingent Leader
The health form asks if my child can swim 50 metres, if I answer No does this mean they cannot take part in the water activities?
They will be able to take part in most water activities, but we need to know their limitations so that appropriate supervision can be arranged
We are an overseas group, how can we find out more about attending?
When will we find out which Subcamp we are going to be on?
At the State shake out camp in late 2018 a few months before the Jamboree
Will we be able arrive early?
Only approved service leaders ( advance parties) will be allowed to arrive early
It may be necessary or some participants travelling by air to arrive on 3rd Jan due to flight limitations on the 4th Jan
Can we use generators on site for lighting.
All power will be supplied by the Jamboree. The Jamboree will be using generators to provide some of its power. Troops can bring small solar panels